What Does It Take to Make an Epic Escape Game?
If you want an epic escape game, you don’t need to cross the whole country to find the best escape room studio. We offer epic escape room adventures in several cities, so feel free to visit us and break free from the locked rooms anywhere!
What makes an epic escape game? Some of the most proficient players say there’s no such thing as a guaranteed recipe for an epic escape game, as every adventure depends on many factors, and these factors can’t be easily recreated. The other experienced escapers see the “epic escape” problem differently, as they’ve tried lots of escape rooms, and developed the ability to see the signs of whether the escape game will be truly memorable.
We present the most popular opinions on what makes the room escape games epic. Also, as we’re very much involved into escape room design, development and overall produce, we’ll also share some of our own thoughts on the case.
What Makes an Epic Escape Game Epic (According to Players)
There seem to be not so much of a line between an epic escape game and a good escape game. However, everybody seems to agree that to become epic, an escape room must be exceptional at least in one or two of the following criteria:
- Unique gameplay. Experienced players confess they’re sick and tired of seeing the same old puzzles over and over. When people have to solve the same riddles in different escape rooms, and don’t get anything new to work with, that just feels bland. On the contrary, a new approach spices the whole thing up and makes the event feel valuable.
- Awesome escape room design. The average escape room adventure length is somewhere about 40-60 minutes. That’s quite a lot of time given that the players spend most of the game in a single room. How to make them feel thrilled in a good way, and not because the claustrophobia keeps kicking in? Realistic design often helps, and so do locations that look like nothing like places in real life, but seem that they could be a part of our world, only if we had magic, or ghosts, or secret agencies. Oh, wait, we actually might have the last one from the list…
- Great scenario. A story is not the strongest part of the genre, but it really helps to flesh out the adventure and make the quest feel epic. High stakes make the complicated path worthwhile: that’s the universal law of story-based escape games.
What Makes an Escape Epic – According to Us
We’ve been in the business for a while, so we’ve created our own must-have list for epic escape adventures:
- Good company. It’s better to visit with family and friends, or take along people you’d like to know better.
- Experienced leads. The actors play a major part in the overall impressions.
- Nice gaming flow. Sometimes it’s not about whether the puzzles are unique, but more about how they’re placed. If everything within the room binds to the same inner logic, players feel the experience is epic because it just feels like an adventure.
If you want the most epic escape room experience, come visit us any day! Lots of differently themed escape rooms, games for the whole family and original adventures await you!